Crowd is a global, award-winning agency with 12 offices across 6 countries including United Arab Emirates, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands and China. Specialising in creative communications and a clientele that ranges from government, professional services, F&B, travel, education and more, our Dubai studio is expanding and looking for a Lead Designer to join the team.
You’ll be working as part of our global multicultural creative team contributing to a diverse range of briefs and leading our design team in Dubai to translate ideas into high quality deliverables across digital, motion, identity, print, and other mediums.
Detail oriented and accurate, you’ll also be able to articulate creative ideas and rationale verbally and in writing.
As a Design Lead, you will work in collaboration with our Global Creative Director, Studio Director and Head of Design to create products and experiences that demonstrate a strong mix of creative skills from great conceptual thinking through to flawless execution. A combination of leadership, management and hands-on design, you possess outstanding strategic expertise and digital product design skills. You will help lead a multi-discipline creative team, delivering outstanding results and solving complex design problems and craft large-scale design concepts that inspire and delight. As a design lead, you will help facilitate the design process, tools and learning opportunities that designers need to create that have lasting impact.
Reporting to our Studio Director, the role is a good fit for someone seeking a creative and collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to expand your capabilities, take responsibility for delivering world-class innovative work, and bring the benefit your experience to a growing team.
Crowd are a diverse global team with a great culture. A team player with a positive outlook – even under pressure – with great communication skills and a sense of humour is a must.
Job Title: Lead Designer
Location: Dubai, UAE
Salary: Negotiable and based on skills and experience
Hours of work: 40 hrs per week
Reporting to: Studio Director
- Creative problem solving and direct a team for concept development -ready assets, design annotations/specifications and champion the quality of our design deliverables throughout the process
- Facilitate client presentations of Crowd work
- Lead client workshops and lead the design team to innovative, user-centered design solutions
- Lead by example in a rapid prototyping environment where collaboration and effective communication is paramount
- Effective and accurate delivery of projects to set deadlines
- Inspiring the team and articulating creative ideas
- Independent execution of creative design production tasks
- Written and verbal communications with teams, clients, and suppliers
- Inspire, manage and mentor a team of designers and manage their career growth and trajectory
- Participate in new business presentations and pitches
Key experience and skills:
- A minimum of five years experience working within an agency environment
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a strong mix of creative skills and flawless execution
- Effective in a multi-disciplined environment and able to impart design leadership across a variety of areas, including: User Experience, User Interface, Print and Layout, Video/Motion and Social Media.
- Proficient in Adobe CC; Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Committed and self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to interpret and engage with a creative brief, problem solve, and articulate design solutions
- Strict attention to detail and quality-control
- Great sense of humour
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Some knowledge of HTML & CSS an advantage
- Experience in After effects and Premiere a distinct bonus