A global, award-winning agency with offices in London, Bournemouth, San Francisco, Detroit, Dubai, Toronto and Shenzhen. Specialising in creative communications and a clientele that ranges from government, professional services, F&B, travel, education and more, our Bournemouth studio is expanding and looking for a talented wizard to join the team.
You’ll be working as part of our global multicultural development team, delivering beautiful animated experiences on the web in an environment that delivers innovation and fosters leadership.
You should be actively engaged in wider industry activities and be able to demonstrate engagement with industry practice beyond the traditional Front End skill set.
This role is a good fit for those looking for more responsibility within production work and who can demonstrate proficiency with key aspects of Front End Development and WordPress (or another CMS).
Server-side experience is not a requirement but the right candidate will be ready to expand their knowledge. In your first 6 months in this role you will be supported in learning modern WordPress development and basic infrastructure tasks with a view to becoming Full Stack with a specialism in Front End Development.
Job Title: Front-End Web Developer
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Salary: Negotiable and based on skills and experience
Hours of work: 40 hrs per week
Please view our developer standards:
- The independent execution of production tasks
- Delivery of small to medium projects to set deadlines
- Simple client-facing communications
- Engaging the team with ideas from the wider industry
- Code deployments to development environments
- Basic database administration tasks
- Minimum of 2 years relevant agency experience
- Proficient in HTML5
- Proficient in CSS3
- Proficient with *nix systems
- Experience with Git source control
- Comfortable with modern Front End Tooling and Workflow
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with Timber/Twig or similar frameworks/templating languages
- Comfortable working with Terminal or other command line technologies
- Comfortable with basic database administration tasks
- Comfortable with deploying code to live environments
- Experience with GSAP or similar animation libraries