Crowd are a global, award-winning agency with offices in London, Bournemouth, San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Dubai and Shenzhen. Specialising in creative communications and a clientele that ranges from government, professional services, F&B, travel, education and more, our Bournemouth studio is expanding and looking for a talented, experienced Finance Director to join the team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and analytical Finance Director with strong numerical skills to drive our organisation’s financial operations and improve financial performance. Duties for the Finance Director will include supervising accounting staff, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, implementing fund-raising strategies, engaging with investors, developing financial strategy, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax compliance. Your skills in sound financial planning coupled with your ability to direct financial assets will assist our organisation in implementing effective financial strategies, managing debt, improving revenue, maintaining a healthy financial position, and enhancing investor confidence.
The role is a global role but you will be working with teams at our various offices to ensure the performance of the group is on track, the role is based at our HQ in Bournemouth but you may be required to travel to our other offices from time to time.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills. The noteworthy Finance Director should harmonise financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, promote revenue growth, ensure compliance with accounting regulations, and maintain good relationships with investors.
Finance Director Responsibilities:
- Directing financial planning and strategy.
- Analysing and reporting on financial performance to key stakeholders.
- Overseeing audit and tax functions.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies.
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Training accounting staff.
- Reviewing departmental budgets.
- Assessing, managing, and minimising risk.
- Analysing complex financial data.
- Managing internal controls.
Finance Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- An enthusiastic and proactive approach.
- Proficiency in accounting software (Xero).
- Financial management experience.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
- A strong understanding of our industry.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer and the board
Salary: based on experience
Location: Bournemouth (international travel to other Crowd offices may be required)